Sint Maarten (Dutch)
Welcome to Sint Maarten (Dutch)
Request Your Free Vacation Plan
Our Travel Experts Will Find You The Best Deals, Fast.
Where To Stay
Find The Best Flight With Your Favorite Airline
Compare realtime airline prices
Need To Know
- You can watch 747 jets fly a few hundred feet overhead at Maho Beach, as they land and take off from Princess Juliana Airport.
- The best food on the Dutch side of the island is in the fishing village of Simpson Bay.
- Saint Martin/Sint Martin is just 34 square miles and is the world’s smallest island divided between two countries (France and the Netherlands). The Dutch region is to the south. The northern French part of the country is known as Saint Martin.
- Sint Maarten hosts its annual Carnival in April, a mix of costumes, calypso, steelpan, soca, food, local culture, pageantry and more.
- Sint Maarten is just a 10-minute flight from St. Barts, Anguilla and Saba, so consider island hopping!
Sint Maarten’s official languages are English and Dutch.
When To Go
The best time to go to Sint Maarten is from December to late March.
Princess Juliana International Airport
Passport must be valid at time of entry.
Visa Required By US Citizen?
None for stays under 90 days
The CDC recommends the following vaccines for most travelers when visiting Sint Maarten: Hepatitis A and Typhoid. Depending on where you are traveling, you may also need Hepatitis B, Rabies and Yellow Fever vaccines.
Power plugs and sockets: type E. Standard voltage: 220V. Frequency: 60Hz.
Official local currency: Netherlands Antillean Guilder
Use caution when driving as the roads are narrow and dimly lit. You may pass freely into the Dutch side of the island without stopping.
Public transportation options include minibuses and unmetered taxis.
A valid US driver’s license is required.
US Embassy Info
U.S. Embassy Bridgetown
Wildey Business Park
St. Michael BB 14006
Telephone: +(246) 227-4399
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(246) 227-4000
Fax: +(246) 431-0179
Local Visitor Info
Tourist Information Bureau
Vineyard Office Park
33 W. G. Buncamper Rd.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Local Emergency Phone Numbers
Safety and Security
Crimes of opportunity, such as pickpocketing and purse snatching occasionally occur at beaches, in hotel lobbies and from cars. Use standard precautionary measures and do not leave valuables unattended.
Have A Planning Question About Your Trip
Get Free Advice From A Travel Advisor
Don’t Forget These Essentials
LOCAL TOURS GUIDES
Most Recent Stories
Get Our Best Stuff First.
Sign up for our newsletters.
Your U.S. Passport
and Travel Visas